We are organized under the auspices of the Illinois Federation of Teachers. That is why your Membership Authorization Card mentions the IFT-AFT / AFL-CIO. The IFT’s support was one key to our organizing drive. The full-time CLC faculty belong to the CLC Federation of Teachers (CLCFT), Local 2394, IFT-AFT / AFL-CIO.
- Where else does the IFT represent adjuncts?
- The IFT represents adjuncts at 8 other Illinois state community colleges:
- Blackhawk College (Moline)
- Elgin Community College (Elgin)
- Hartland Community College (Normal)
- Moraine Valley Community College (Palos Hills)
- Parkland Community College (Champaign)
- Richland Community College (Decatur)
- Southwestern College (Belleville)
- South Suburban College (South Holland – newly organized as of November 7th, 2004)
Across the nation, our national union, the AFT, represents over 50,000 adjuncts. Also, the IFT represents adjuncts at universities.
- The IFT has a Community College Council
- The IFT represents more employees of public universities and community colleges than any other union. The IFT Community College Council includes members at 34 of the state’s 48 community colleges.